You need access to your latest company financial data or inventory data. Here only way to get access to tally data is if somebody sends data via mail or sends backup of data. But isn't it a good idea if he can get the updated transactions with a press of few buttons. No need to send reports or take backup etc.
Tally has a unique feature of Synchronize by which this thing is possible. With a few settings at his end he can update his tally from his company server and that also without having live ips.
Lets see how tally synchronizations ca be achieved.
You need at least two tally license out of which one should be multi user.
You need internet connectivity at both ends. Broadband would be fine but you can do it on dialup also.
1. First of all setting in tally.ini files has to be done at server computer as well as client computer.
For server add these two lines in ini file
For client computer at this line
2. After that server setting has to be done first in F12 configuration and then in synchronization option of import data
you can restart tally and if the settings are right then at the start of tally it would get connected with tally link server and message would be displayed in calculator pane.
3. After setting server client machine needs to be configured same as in F12 configuration and then in import data option.
4. Client rules are needed to be set up in client machine and proper setting is needed.
6. Synchronize from client machine and see the change in statistics.
Click the link to see whole process in presentation format.
Note down the error message act accordingly.
Whole presentation is given below fortte deference