Download for Tally stat version 48 is available at site both for Tally 7.2 and Tally 9. This time major changes are for Punjab state. Some major changes include revised VAT return form VAT15 and VAT16 for Punjab and revised VAT forms 18, 19, 23, 24.
Minor changes are done for Punjab, Bihar, Jharkhand, Kerala, Delhi, Maharastra, Orissa Karnataka J&K and Rajasthan. Some provisions for VAT classifications for Panjab and Delhi are also made. Flags for VAT adjustments for Punjab are also done. You can find the PDF version of Full Release Notes .
Stat file is necessary in tally for following reasons as it contains.
- State Names
- VAT Classifications
- State Specific VAT Return Forms
- TDS Deductee Types
- TDS Nature of Payment
- Service Tax Categories
Follow these steps to install stat file
- Close Tally
- Download the file from the site and save it in the folder where your Tally is installed.
- Windows will ask you for over write the existing stat.slk file
- Run Tally and open any existing Company
- The System will automatically import the contents of the new file
- Check the version information by pressing Ctrl + Alt + B from Gateway of Tally In the Calculator pane, you should get "Company Statutory Version 48"